You were designed to experience God’s presence on a continual basis. The greatest thing you can do is to love God intensely. Coming to church and participating in the service is vitally important for you; but a church experience should be an outflow of your daily existence. The worship of God is the foundation of all that we do. We want to encourage you to have a lifestyle of worship. Celebrate an awareness of God’s presence continually. When you serve, invest, grow, and connect you are expressing your commitment to worship God by the way you live. God’s goodness to us demands our commitment to Him. We encourage you to recognize God’s value and express it by the way you live. That is what worship is all about.
We believe that consistent faithfulness to our Sunday morning gatherings is crucial both to your spiritual development and to our church’s ability to accomplish our mission. There is something truly powerful that happens when the church comes together in worship that simply cannot be substituted with anything else. Every time we come together, we pray that you would experience the power of God’s presence, and the warmth of God’s people. God has placed you here not only to receive, but that you would be active in encouraging those around you.
We are all about relationships. The most important relationship you will ever have is your relationship with God. He offers you membership in His family. He will call you His child and will be your Father. Once that relationship is in place, you are automatically incorporated into a family of friends. We want to provide a place for you to connect with other followers of Christ and be encouraged, strengthened, and challenged. We provide many small group options for you to grow closer to your family members. We believe that God wants us to enjoy great fellowship with each other and we will do our best to facilitate strong relationships.
God never intended you to live in isolation. His plan for your life is to live in community with one another as you grow in your faith and strive to accomplish His plan for your life. We encourage you to be involved in the lives of those around you beyond our corporate gatherings. The book of Acts reveals that the church is most effective when it functions day to day, instead of week to week. Our weekly services are a critical part of biblical community, because they are a launching pad for what happens throughout the week.
Your personal growth is a huge part of God’s plan. God loves you so much that He accepts you just as you are; but He loves you too much to leave you that way. We are committed to providing resources and opportunities for instruction and training that will help you succeed in accomplishing God’s plan for your life. We want to help you grow spiritually in practical ways so that you will excel in daily living and in developing strong relationships.
We want people to grow in the following areas:
- Love for God
- Jesus gives the greatest commandment of all in Mark 12:30, “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.
- We understand that a genuine love for God is birthed out of an understanding of God’s love for you.
- The Word of God
- We want to encourage biblical literacy in every area of our church. Understanding how to properly interpret what the bible says in it’s context is crucial to our spiritual maturity.
- We grow in our knowledge of the Word by developing a discipline to be in the Word daily. Our love for the Word grows as we spend time in the Word.
- God’s glory and His kingdom’s work must be at the center of our prayer life.
- We understand that we work for God, not the other way around. We know that whatever the outcome is, God is working on our behalf for our benefit in every situation.
- Prayer is 2-way communication. We know that God wants us to know how to listen in prayer, just like He wants to hear from us.
- The Holy Spirit
- We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit and the evidence of speaking in other tongues. We want people to see the gifts of the Holy Spirit, as described in 1 Corinthians 12, in operation on a regular basis.
- We need the Spirit’s empowerment in our lives to have the boldness and effectiveness we need to be His witnesses in our community and around the world.
- 1 John 2:6 says “whoever claims to live in him must live as Jesus did.”
- 1 John 5:3 says “this is love for God: to keep his commands.
- Here at OFA, we are fully devoted, completely obedient followers of Jesus.
One of the most accurate measurements of your spiritual development is the level of your participation in serving others. Providing ministry in the church, and outside it, it essential for you to experience the fullness of God’s bless. We want to encourage more than acts of service; we want to encourage you to adopt a lifestyle of service which will be demonstrated by actively serving others. The Bible teaches us that one of the greatest sources of joy is discovered when you serve someone else. When a person becomes self-absorbed it depletes their joy. We will provide you with encouragement, training, and opportunity to show that you are a follower of Christ by serving others.
In order to accomplish the mission of our church, we need everyone to move beyond being a spectator, and become a participant in ministry. There are many opportunities that you can plug into on a monthly basis. Whether it’s working with kids, media, or hospitality, we want to help you find a place to serve that fits your interests and giftings.
Our church has always been a church that serves our community. We look for opportunities to be a blessing to our city and to surrounding cities. We do this through special community events, and by partnering with the city in specific community efforts.
One of the great accomplishments in life is investing in something that will last longer than your life, reach farther than your ability, and accomplish greater than you can on your own. We will continually present opportunities for you to give, go, and pray for the advancement of God’s Kingdom. We want to help you invest your life in a cause that is worthy of your investment. We believe that you will feel a sense of accomplishment and purpose when you invest your time, talent, and resources in God’s work.
We invest in:
- We take Jesus’ words seriously when He says “go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.” Faith in Jesus is the only way to eternal life. We have the responsibility of sharing the gospel with the people in our lives, and the responsibility of sending missionaries to those we will never meet.
- Being faithful in giving our tithe is God’s plan for our lives, and God’s plan for how the local church should operate.
- Missions is the heart beat of this church. We want to give you opportunities to partner with us as we support missionaries on a monthly basis and help with special missions projects around the world.
- Discipleship & Multiplication
- Making disciples involves teaching people to obey everything Jesus commands. We do this under the authority and guidance of our church’s leadership team.
- Part of the discipleship process is teaching people that they need to make disciples. This was Jesus’ strategy for growth. Instead of focusing his attention on the masses, he spent most of his time with a few men, and equipped them to do for others what He had done for them.