CORONA VIRUS (COVID-19)
HOW YOU CAN HELP
- Pray for our community and those directly affected by COVID-19. Pray for the health care workers who are treating the sick and those public health administrators making difficult decisions. Pray that God would protect our community from further spread of the virus.
- Reflect Christ. In these anxious days, the church (all of us) can shine as a light of hope, care, faith, patience, and prudence. We can demonstrate to the world how our faith provides true assurance against worry and fear.
- Practice recommended personal hygiene. Wash your hands frequently and stay home if you are sick.
ACCORDING TO THE CDC, HERE ARE SOME STEPS WE CAN ALL TAKE
- If you are high risk, such as older adults and those with underlying chronic medical conditions, avoid crowds as much as possible.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
You can find more information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) from the Oklahoma State Department of Health.
While we exercise wisdom in keeping ourselves and our loved ones safe, we know that divine health and protection is from Jesus. Let’s continue to trust in His promises of protection in Psalm 91 for ourselves, our families, and all those who are affected by illness and pray that the virus will be contained and conquered.